Monday, May 14, 2012

Tanzanian Birds

Gorgeous bird life! With the help of our knowledgeable guide, we identified 78 birds.  Some are represented here.

The White-fronted Bee-eater



Lilac-breasted Roller



Weaver bird nests (sloppy variety)



Taveta Golden Weaver (neat variety)



Ostrich (male)


Crowned Plover


Blacksmith Plover



Kori  Bustard (not displaying)


Marabou storks


Yellow-billed storks roosting


White-headed Buffalo Weaver


Grey Crowned Crane


Sand Grouse


Secretary Bird


2 comments:

  1. The Bee Eater (Little Green) and the Roller (Indian) I saw in the United Arab Emirates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about lilac-breasted rollers! Such a cool bird...saw them many years ago my first time in South Africa in PIlanesberg park. Also - I could be wrong, but I think it's MARABOU stork vs. Malibu.

    ReplyDelete